Goldsmiths’ Craft & Design Council opens search for a new team member
Events and Administration Coordinator
3 days per week (March–Dec), 5 days per week (Jan-March)
Start Date: 14 Jan 2022
Location: London, U.K.
About the Role
The Events & Administration coordinator is new role for Council. This is a hands-on role that is responsible for the execution and day-to-day administration of Councils’ activities and events, with the main focus being the annual GC&DC Competition and Awards, ensuring that it is run smoothly, effectively and efficiently while helping to maintain our positive, approachable and professional culture.
The ideal candidate must be a team player, confident, highly organised, proactive, reliable and a good communicator. This is a 3 days per week position (Mar - Dec) with the potential to increase to 4 days. Jan - Mar/Apr will be 5 days per week.
To apply for this role or for more information, please email your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, or get in touch with Banita (Awards manager) for more information on the role (Banita.email@example.com)
Applications close 09 Dec 2021.
Interviews will be held via Zoom (video) on 15 & 17 Dec 2021.
Competition and Awards administration:
Working with and reporting to the Awards Manager and the Industry Liaison to the annual Competition timeline to ensure the successful organisation and execution of the Competition and Awards. This involves:
- Confidently collecting, managing and manipulating large volumes of data including entrant information, entry forms and contact details.
- Emailing and liaising with competition entrants on deadlines and entry requirements and taking phone/email enquiries from entrants and industry supporters;
- Schedule, confirm and ensure attendance of over 100 guest industry judges for the +30 judging sessions;
- Coordinating the receipt and safe/secure organisation of entries;
- Managing the efficient, well organised and safe and professional set up and clearing away of the judging sessions involving:
- Careful and efficient set up of the relevant work for each judging session;
- Welcoming the guest judges, conducting and managing the judging sessions;
- Ensuring entries are carefully packed and safely stored in an organised and proficient manner.
- Attending and assisting with organising the Awards evening including itineraries, guest badges, photography for the events, scripts for evening and other promotional events (Patron & Sponsor VIP, Other GC&DC Exhibitions, Freemans Reception, etc.)
- Preparing and actioning the set up and take down of the Awards exhibitions;
- Organise the safe and efficient storage and secure collection and return of all entrant work;
- Produce certificates for all award-winning entries, Judges, Patrons and Sponsors;
- Oversee and organise the photography of award-winning entries for using at the Awards Ceremony, the Awards Annual and other promotional requirements.
- Drafting and sending emails, letters and invitations in volume to individual recipients;
- Develop the online entry submissions form and manage the entry database;
- Identifying and emailing entrants to update them on the competition outcomes including instructions during the Competition season and ongoing opportunities;
- Managing and organising mailing lists;
- Drafting emails and circulating documents to Trustees and Council members;
- Updating the website;
- Creating online forms, surveys, and polls;
- Compiling agendas and taking minutes at meetings;
- Experience in managing confidential and sensitive information, data and documents.
Essential skills/ requirements:
- Ability to manage large volumes of data and to identify/extract, organise and manipulate data sets accurately and efficiently.
- Proficient on Excel, evidenced by experience;
- Creating systems and automations that will improve management of data;
- Experience with Mailchimp, CRM and basic website management;
- Experience with dispatch systems i.e. Royal Mail Click & Drop
- Scheduling and conducting meetings and webinars on ZOOM;
- Preferable – experience in video editing and YouTube
- Experience with Dropbox and G Suite.
- Ability to carry crates of documents or entries of up to 10-15kg.
- Comfortable with carefully handling high-value, delicate items of work.
- Working full-time during the Awards’ season for intensive period (January - March)
Who you are:
- Passionate about organising data and systems;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- A team player.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A natural tendency to be well organised, and able to multitask and prioritise effectively.
- Close attention to detail and a keen eye for high standards across all work and duties
- Relevant experience in operations / administration strongly preferred;
- An interest in events management and content creation.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the duties described and may be modified at any time.